Work With Us
EDITOR (INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR)
Inkstick Media focuses on the human stories behind foreign policy, and is dedicated to elevating underserved voices. We’re hiring a part-time editor with a passion for uncovering the truth.
- Pitch and edit original pieces for Inkstick;
- Assist in management of site and social media accounts;
- Remote position;
- Part-time, $25-30/hr, 15-20hrs/week
Write us if you are:
- An editor with at least two years of experience, a firm grasp of AP style, and killer social media skills;
- Someone with a great network of authors that cover both the global and local security landscape;
- Someone who has a good sense of humor, the ability to work fast, accurately, and under pressure, and a deep understanding of Inkstick’s audience.
Please submit your application, with the subject line “Inkstick’s New Editor” to Laicie Heeley (firstname.lastname@example.org). The application package should include the following:
- Writing sample;
- Contract proposal (scope of work and desired hours and pay, per week); and
- Two references (names, contact information, and relationship to you) that can speak to how awesome you are.
This is a remote, grant-funded independent contractor role.
Inkstick Media is committed to fostering diversity. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and we highly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, bilingual and bicultural individuals, and members of the LGBTQ+ community. Inkstick Media is committed to full inclusion of all qualified individuals. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Laicie Heeley at email@example.com.
Proposals due by COB Feb. 28, 2022.